Pages

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"Abilmente" - The Craft Fair -- Spring Season

Twice a year, in spring and autumn, there is a Great Craft Fair in Vicenza city.

As always the fair not reserve disappointments, it is a riot of color, creativity, novelty and for those who like me are looking for innovative materials will have a lot to spend.

In this half season the visitors could have admired beautiful clothes made by Istituto Professionale “Marcello Malpighi” di Crevalcore (Bologna), as well as these beautiful corsets.






In the Atelier area, it was a space dedicated to my friend Giuliana Nicoli Andretta of Casa Patchwork & Quilting, I was always amazed to see her creations, such as this wonderful chair and stole collars and silk and wool.



I want also mention two of my favorite shop: "Agomago" that is in Florence, great selection of Japanese Fabric and wather you would like to buy, and "Filomania" a great chain shop that imports great quilt fabric of the major USA quilt designer.

agomago
And here are two photos of my buying :).




I really enjoy the whole day there the past sunday, and already can't wait the next autumn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this might seem like a crazy request... but I was in Vicenza in April, and I visited a wonderful fabric shop in the city center. It was runned by an American lady, and it was very near Palladio's Palazzo Valmarana. Any idea of the name of the store? Contact info? Any help would be highly appreciated. I can be contacted at operafantomet (at) hotmail (dot) com.